The Nordic Network for Adult Learning (NVL)
Adult learning is an area of priority in Nordic co-operation. The Nordic Network for Adult Learning (NVL) aims to strengthen Nordic synergy by sharing skills and experiences from the five Nordic countries as well as the Faroe Islands, Greenland and Åland, and by drawing attention to this, in the first instance on a Nordic and European level. NVL will:
- Be a Nordic meeting place
- Strengthen Nordic synergy through information, network and projects
- Draw attention to the results, share the experiences and innovation
- Profile Nordic special knowledge - what are we best at?
- Create policy proposals based on experiences, developed and tested in practice through projects and networks
NVL's work is based on the Nordic Council of Ministers three-year strategy plan for education and research, and the annual programme for the Presidency and sector programme for work in education and research.NVL aims to work towards the following goals:
- Promote the development and implementation of strategies for lifelong learning and skills development in different areas of adult learning in the Nordic countries.
- Contribute to personal development and democratic participation through various forms of adult learning.
- Promote interaction between the Nordplus framework programme aimed at helping with development of the Nordic educational system.
In a structured and strategic way inform about experiences and results from Nordic co-operation in adult learning, in the first instance on a Nordic and European level.
NVL is a Nordic programme implemented by Vox, Norwegian Agency for Lifelong Learning, and mandated by the Nordic Council of Ministers.
Structure/System => Institutions